Gameplan for Classes for Next Semester
Abnormal Psych: Scrap as much as you can, and then treat the rest of it like a series of fairytales, because it basically is.
Cognitive Psych: Think like a scientist and appreciate it for what it is.
Stats that I have to retake (#BARF): Do it. Shoot for a bare minimum A or happy crappy B. And live your life.
That random one I decided to take that I still don’t know all that much about but I know it has something to do with Teaching and Collaboration: Just enjoy it and do it for the art.
Dances of the World: Oh hell yes. The professor has good reviews, so just love your life. If she’s nice, wonderful, if not, YOU GET TO DANCE AS AN ELECTIVE LIKE YOU DID IN CHILE HOLLABACK ENJOY THAT WHILE IT LASTS AND REALLY, JUST TRY TO DO YOUR BEST AND LAUGH A LOT. Sweet Baby Jesus, we could all use some more laughter.
- When my Teacher’s recognize that I’m not your prepackaged student and actually care
Treat them as people and value them for what they do well.
- When my classmates a) Don’t take anything seriously, b) Take things way too seriously, c) Are lazy and don’t show up to class even though they’re throwing their lives away, and d) Are cranky for no good reason?
Simmer down. We are young. They can be dumb. It will be okay. As a side note, be nice.
- If it takes some time to find a job? Chill and keep looking. It will show up.
- If I can’t figure out how to fix my car? Cross that bridge as we come to it; it will be ok.
- If at some point I fail utterly at school? What the hell ever, do your best, it will be ok.
- If I run into that boy and I panic? Calm down. Simmer down. Basically anything that involves not being a jerk and still retaining what it means to be a decent human being, and you should be just fine.
- If my friends decide to be jerks and forcibly not get it? Ehh, we’re all guilty of this one. Do your thing. Hang out with other people. It’s all good; it’s all part of the same bastard musical circus of living.
- When my family decides to spout their crazy in ways that I don’t condone? Same answer as above. Chillax.
- When I or others start panicking about finding jobs and #reality? Just be calm. It will be okay. The game plan still includes Teaching however you are able, and all jobs and stupid other opportunities at this point in your life are either going to suck or be somewhat temporary anyways, really, the Millennials and society’s brokenness have reinvented that game. Just go with it. Eventually you’ll turn into Julia Roberts anyways, if I accept what garbage Buzzfeed likes to tell me…
- I would like to make better food, even though I cook well
- I would like to have a really baller time. If college is 8 semester’s total, I’ve done 4 stateside, 1 abroad, and I have 3 more. I’d really like to enjoy the time I’ve got left in college, with all these bizarre opportunities I don’t pay for. I’d rather enjoy my life then save tons of money. And then? I’m still gonna make it up as I go.
- Add things to the bucket list.
- Get more involved at church (continuously)
- Learn from more people about their lives and the stories of who they are
- Just enjoy life.
If I play my cards right, I can suffer through my classes for what goodness is there, graduate on time with plenty of electives free time, take all the baller classes I want in whatever time I have left, and still cultivate sanity with a harrowing dose of whatever. Sounds good to me. As a side note, let’s just see what happens. Also, I should probably eat lunch.
Whatever and catch ya later,