What happens when you become painfully transparent and ALSO talk about the Gospel? (Condensed evidence from the last 2 weeks)
- You bless others
- You feel less alone
- You are more willing to listen to the Holy Spirit
- You are more consistently kind because there’s no good reason not to be
- A lot of sleepercell gifts just start cropping up. Don’t quote me on that, but I have only really been able to sing as of this semester, and y’all can ask the people at my church whether or not that means anything (or if it will)
- You stop being afraid in rate that directly corresponds to how well you listen
- You act because you’ve been listening and it makes you ill not too, even when you’re fucking tired and over it and you would muuuuuch rather sleep.
- You don’t realize it, but you are nicer to your friends and family. It hits you like a bag of bricks once you do realize it.
- You are eerily chipper, and newsflash: WE ALL hate those ppl.
- You make good on the character that God gave you when he made you, and the act of doing that is like the positive aftereffects of an atomic bomb, but waaaay less radioactive and prone to congenital defects and death and waaaaay more fabulous.
- People feel more comfortable around you, because the shitty things that happen to them really no longer faze you, and you are more than willing to talk about it.
- You have to work HARD to separate your ego from other people getting pissed when you are right (or wrong, discern which sink or swim style) and they choose to punish you for talking about the truth that hasn’t changed, but is only slightly more relevant then than ever.
- You learn to bear up pretty well regardless of what they try to do because you no longer have a choice.
- You learn that God giving you more burdens is basically him thinking you have given him enough glory in the past to be able to take it, OR he wants to catch your attention. Either way, it points towards the gospel.
- You speed up, and you’re sense of time goes to shit in a way that directly relates to how much you are listening. Welp, I guess I won’t study now. Let’s all see together how that works out, mmkay?
- You realize how humans really are, and that makes you better able to realize how you really are, and that makes you more able to address all of it because none if it is really problematic unless we try to rise above it on our own.
- You take more ownership of your faith, and project an attitude that gives people no right to criticize it, because it is yours. You are able to politely shut other people down when they try to insult your faith, because you can do so respectfully and kindly. You are more patient because you know.
- And above all, none of it ever mattered in the first place except to God.